Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The BIG Hotel

We ended up deciding to stay through the weekend at the resort in San Antonio. They have amazing pools and the kids spent at least 5 hours a day in the water. Instead of rings or floaties, we tried life jackets. They were able to move about much better in the water and I loved not having to worry that they might slip out.


Malek loved going down the 'Raging River' with Bassem!






Malek was floating down the lazy river and hanging onto the inner tube. When I told him I wanted a picture with his feet....he sure showed me his feet, aimed right at the camera!



They both got comfortable floating on their own.





Zayne kept jumping, going under, and coming up saying 'I'm a SHARK!'


Bassem told the boys that he'd make them both float in the lazy river....sure enough, they thought it was great!


Bassem and Malek in the 'Raging River'. They went down a water slide with Malek between Bassem's feet in the front of the double inner tube. At the bottom of the water slide is the river with all of the waterfalls and places that the kiddie pool kids can spray and splash you. Right after they go through this waterfall, they connect into the river where they met up with Zayne and I. Zayne decided that once was enough on the water slide. He wasn't as excited as Malek, who went a few times. :)


After the lazy river, water slides, and kiddie pool all closed for the evening, we ended up swimming up in the big pool. Bassem took Malek to use the restroom so it was just Zayne and I. Zayne started saying 'I'm a SHARK!' in the kiddie pool as he swam. So when he told me he was a 'BIG fish!', it was very cute....Until he threw a curve ball and told me he was swimming like a ......CAT?! What a silly boy! We always rescue butterflies and moths from our local pool so when he found a 'yellow bug' and tried to rescue it, he was very surprised that it stung him. He started screaming, 'The yellow bug bite me!' Luckily he wasn't allergic.


Playing with one of the 'GIANT IPad' coffee tables in hotel lobby later one evening. They played 'ribbons' and then we played a game of chess two on two.


No comments:

Post a Comment